FOUR FRIEINDS MARK 2:1-12
This story represents all of humanity today. There are 4 basic elements to this story.1.Helpless 2. The Healer 3 The Helpers 4. The Hinders
1. Helpless man – He was a paralytic and a sinner
o He represents all humans
o We all sinners Rom 3:23, 1 John 1:8
o Sin will cripple your heart and keep you from doing what you are supposed to do
o There is only one way to we can be healed of sin. We must go to the healer.
2. The Healer – Jesus Christ
o He is the great physician he could heal up close or far away.
o A great example Mat. 8:5-13
o Jesus is always sympathetic to those who come to him.
o Not only could Jesus heal the physical body he could heal the sin sick soul
o Jesus has all authority on the earth Mat. 28:18
o He is the only one that we can go to be healed from our sin so we can make it to heaven. John 14:6 (way, truth, life)
o His word teaches us how to saved Rom. 1:16
3. The Helpers – the four friends – Everyone does not have this compassion the good Samaritan Luke 10:29ff
o They could not save the man themselves, but they could take him to the healer
1.They had faith in the healer
2. They loved and cared for the helpless man
3. They worked together to bring him to the healer.
4. They had determination.
4. The Hinders – 2 groups passive and active
o The passive ones just thought about themselves and wanted to hear and speak to Jesus
o The active ones were opposed to Christ and they would do anything they could to prevent people coming to Christ. 1 Thes. 2:16
Which are you? Helpless, Helper, Hinder